Sun, Dec 08|
Meditation & Breathwork For Athletes Workshop
Join Meditation Teacher, Adam Michael Brewer for a 2-hr deep dive into how the practice of meditation can help you perform your best, while under pressure, in the sport you love!
Time & Location
Dec 08, 2019, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM PST
Circuit Works, 2005 Main St, Santa Monica, CA 90405, USA
About the Event
On Sunday Dec 8th, 2019 from 4-6 pm, join Circuit Works Instructor & Meditation Teacher Adam Michael Brewer for a 2-hour experiential workshop that will introduce simple meditation and breathing techniques, which athletes can utilize to thrive under pressure and optimize performance in sport and life.
What you'll get:
- Learn the science behind meditation and why you should be practicing it as an athlete.
- Energization breathing practices to do before training, events etc
- Relaxation breathing practices to use during training, events etc
- Learn pre-practice/event breathing technique to get brain waves to optimal frequency for performance
- Learn the basics of the Meditate With Ease formula...a simple, doable daily mantra/mindfulness meditation practice to bring about peace of mind, cultivate greater self-awareness, and live actively calm yet calmly active.
LOCATION of event:
Circuitworks in Santa Monica, CA
COST of event:
$45 per participant until 12/7. Payment must be received before participation. $55 Walk-in Day Of Event.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Yoga Mat
- Something to sit on (cushion, pillow, yoga block) that allows you to elevate your hips
- wear comfortable clothing
2 THINGS YOU MUST DO TO PARTICIPATE...
- REGISTER: Click on the RSVP button below to RESERVE SPOT (3O capacity)
- PAY: Go to https://bit.ly/2qBo97i
About your teacher, Adam Michael Brewer
Adam is a certified meditation teacher (AnandaLA) who has been practicing meditation and breathwork since 2003. He began teaching it to others in 2015 and has helped thousands of people all over the world learn to meditate. He is the Creator of 3-Minute Meditations and Meditate With Ease. His connection to sports began at 7 years old, as that was when he began taking playing tennis, soccer, baseball and basketball. His senior year in high school he was voted Best All-Around Male Athlete and then again his senior year in college at Emory University, he won the Russell Bridges Award for Best All-Around Male Athlete. In high school, he was an All-State Athlete in Tennis and Basketball and was Northwest Ohio's first-ever All-American in Soccer. He went on to play soccer and tennis collegiately at The College of Wooster and Emory University, where he participated in 4 NCAA National Tournaments in both sports and achieved a career high national ranking in tennis of #17 in singles and #9 in doubles and a career high national ranking in soccer of #4.