Sun, Oct 27|
Meditation & Breathwork For Tennis Players
Join Meditation Teacher Adam Michael Brewer for a 1.5-hour experiential workshop which introduces simple meditation and breathing techniques that tennis players can utilize to enhance on and off-court performance. Learn tools to help you thrive under pressure.
Time & Location
Oct 27, 2019, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM PDT
Toes Beach, 6935 S Trolley Pl, Playa Del Rey, CA 90293, USA
About the Event
On Sunday Oct 27th, 2019 from 10-11:30 am, join Meditation Teacher Adam Michael Brewer for a 1.5-hour experiental workshop that will introduce simple meditation and breathing techniques, which tennis players can utilize to enhance on and off-court performance. Learn tools to help you thrive under pressure, from the 1st set to the third.
What you'll get:
- Learn the science behind meditation and why you should be practicing it as a tennis player.
- Energization breathing practices to do before matches
- Relaxation breathing practices to use during matches
- Learn Pre-Match breathing technique to get brain waves to optimal frequency for performance
- The how tos of a simple, doable daily meditation practice to bring about peace of mind and culitvate greater self-awareness.
LOCATION of event:
We will meet just North of Lifeguard Tower 42 (Marina Side) in Playa Del Rey. Adam will be wearing a Black T-Shirt with word STUDENT on the front (written in white letters).
COST of event:
$20 per participant (2nd family member ONLY $10 and 3rd ONLY $5)
WHAT TO BRING:
- Yoga Mat
- Something to sit on (cushion, pillow, yoga block) that allows you to elevate your hips
- wear comfortable clothing
How to REGISTER:
Click on the RSVP button below
How to PAY:
Send $ through Venmo to AdamMichael-Brewer
About your teacher, Adam Michael Brewer
Adam is a certified meditation teacher (AnandaLA) who has been practicing meditation and breathwork since 2003. He began teaching it to others in 2015 and has helped thousands of people all over the world learn to meditate. He is the Creator of 3-Minute Meditations and Meditate With Ease. His connection to tennis began at 7 years old, as that was when he began taking lessons. He finished 3rd in the Ohio State Championships in his senior year in high school and went on to play collegiately at The College of Wooster and Emory University, where he participated in 4 NCAA National Tournaments and achieved a career high national ranking of #17 in singels and #9 in doubles. Post college he was a USPTA P1 tennis instructor and is certified by the USTA Sport Science, Level 1.